8-week LIVE program for individual participants
If you’re looking to UP your people leadership, there is no better program. Here is the summary of all that is included with this program:
- Eight 1-hour training sessions (including the zoom recordings for unlimited review following the program).
- Eight 1-hour group coaching sessions where participants share real-world challenges for immediate solutions.
- Two individual coaching sessions during the duration of the program.
- A copy of Val’s book, Clash of the Generations: Managing the New Workplace Reality (Wiley) which gives specific details on how to manage multiple generations in the office.
- Everything DiSC© Workplace Communications Assessment to help you improve your communications with your employees, peers and bosses.
Managing employees can be one of the most challenging—and one of the most rewarding—responsibilities on your plate as you move up within an organization. This is especially true in today’s labor market where finding great people is just as difficult as keeping them (“great resignation” anyone?!?!).
The old saying “employees join companies but leave managers” underscores just how important effective people leadership is: retaining employees directly rides on your ability to motivate and inspire your staff—a challenge that’s further complicated by the rise of remote workers and hybrid workplaces. Fortunately, great managers are made not born. You can up your people skills and learn how to be the leader your employees (and organization!) need now and in the future.
This 8-week online program will bring together 12 individual managers from varying organizations and backgrounds to learn how to stem the tide of resignations and unleash creativity and innovation in your teams! Through workshop and coaching sessions, you will learn how to develop the skills you need to up your leadership game and become an effective people manager.
Topics covered in this program include:
- Setting goals that matter to the company, to your department and to your employees (getting them to care leads to better retention!)
- How to hold employees accountable regardless of whether they work in the office, remotely, or on a hybrid schedule
- How to stop micromanaging your employees and instead give them the tools they need to realize their true potential
- Techniques that motivate and engage employees (and practices that do the exact opposite!)
- How to use empathy and clear communication to establish trust and strengthen your influence
- Using coaching and feedback simultaneously to develop your employees
- Effective delegation strategies (and why poor delegation does more harm than good)
- How to unleash your employees’ creativity and innovation for better problem-solving
- How to manage problem employees back to being great team members (and what to do if your efforts don’t succeed)
- People-centric leadership that doesn’t sacrifice professionalism
Dates & Specific Topics
All workshop sessions will be recorded and made available to registrants within 24 hours following the session. Coaching sessions are NOT recorded. All sessions will cover in-person, remote and hybrid management situations. Attendees will pick either 10 – 11 am or 11 am – 12n on Fridays for group coaching sessions.
Session #1 – Tuesday, 6/27/23: 12n CST – 1:15 pm CST
Coaching #1: Friday, 6/30/23
Session #1 topic: Goal Setting & Accountability
Session #2 – Thursday, 7/6/23: 12n – 1:15 pm CST
Coaching #2 – Friday, 7/7/23
Session #2 topic: Delegation
Session #3: Tuesday, 7/11/23: 12n – 1:15 pm CST
Coaching #3 – Friday, 7/14/23
Session #3 topic: Motivating Employees on a Daily Basis
Session #4: Tuesday, 7/18/23: 12n – 1:15 pm CST
Coaching #4: Friday, 7/21/23
Session #4 topic: Holding Employees Accountable through Feedback
Session #5: Tuesday, 7/25/23: 12n – 1:15 pm CST
Coaching #5: Friday, 7/28/23
Session #5 Topic: Coaching
Session #6: Tuesday, 8/1/23: 12n – 1:15 pm CST
Coaching #6: Friday, 8/4/23
Session #6 Topic: Difficult Conversations
Session #7: Tuesday, 8/8/23: 12n – 1:15 pm CST
Coaching #7: Friday, 8/11/23
Session #7 Topic: Emotional Intelligence, Giving Feedback to Your Boss
Session #8: Tuesday, 8/15/23: 12n – 1:15 pm CST
Coaching #8 – Friday, 8/18/23
Session #8 Topic: Program Recap, Holding Yourself Accountable and Your Gameplan Going Forward
$3,500 gets you the following:
- eight 1-hour training sessions (including the zoom recordings for unlimited review following the program),
- eight 1-hour group coaching sessions;
- two individual coaching sessions during the duration of the program;
- a copy of Val’s book, Clash of the Generations: Managing the New Workplace Reality (Wiley);
- and an Everything DiSC© Workplace Communications Assessment!
There is no better deal that will give you the tools you need to UP YOUR LEADERSHIP GAME at a better price!
Payment can be made by check, credit card (fees apply) or Venmo/PayPal (fees apply).