As leaders become more senior in an organization, they are called upon to demonstrate competencies that are increasingly less technical and instead, are more interpersonal in nature. An effective leader must possess the skills and personality traits to perceive, interpret, and respond to the complexities inherent at senior management levels.
In a confidential partnership, Val’s coaching offers executives the opportunity to realize new levels of success through greater understanding of the exact skills needed to manage effectively. While the path is different for every leader, the components for success are remarkably consistent. They fall into three interrelated categories:
|Personal||Self-awareness, self-management, integrity and authenticity|
|Relational||Interpersonal skill, effective communication, ability to inspire and influence|
|Organizational||Political savvy, diplomacy, organizational awareness, tolerance for change and uncertainty|
Leaders are made, they are not born.” – Vince Lombardi
Valerie helps clients excel in several key areas:
- Transitioning your communication style to suit the needs of your CEO and board of directors
- Managing politically charged situations and fellow executives
- Steering change-management initiatives that cross entire organizations
- Developing direct reports who manage a highly diverse and geographically dispersed workforce
- Increasing operational and financial acumen to help meet your company’s goals and objectives
- Fostering an environment of personal accountability to improve morale and company culture
Valerie Grubb’s personalized coaching program is suitable for highly motivated individuals who seek a means to develop leadership skills that meet today’s unique challenges of executive management.
Valerie has over 18 years of experience in senior leadership positions in several highly successful organizations and over 10 years of experience in coaching senior executives. She works primarily with directors, vice presidents, and C-level executives of large- and medium-sized organizations and nonprofits in a variety of industries. She is certified as a Marshall Goldsmith Executive Coaching Stakeholder-Centered Coach and is particularly adept at coaching operations executives in high-growth and politically complex work environments.